We Have Portable Wireless Hotspot Devices Available For Loan!
To assist those in our community who do not have access to high-speed Internet services at home, Brock Libraries has introduced a new Wi-Fi hotspot lending program which allows adult cardholders to borrow a portable Wi-Fi hotspot for 7 day loans.
- Who Can Borrow: Hotspots can be loaned to an adult library cardholder (18+) who is in good standing. There is a limit of one hotspot per household
- Where Will it Work: Service is available within Ontario only. International service, including the United States, is unavailable
- How to Borrow: Visit or telephone one of our branches and speak to a staff member at the customer service desk or place a hold via our online catalogue. WiFi hotspots can be borrowed for 7 days at a time and cannot be auto-renewed
- Hotspots must be returned in-person to the branch from which it was borrowed by close of business. *Note: hotspots returned via drop-box will result in overdue fines
- Overdue and Replacement Fees: The overdue fines for WiFi hotspots is $15.00/day. The hotspot will be deactivated the day after it is due. A disconnect/reconnect fee of $82.50 will be added to the overdue fines. Deactivation of a hotpot will result in a 6 month borrowing restriction. The replacement fee for WiFi hotspots is $300.00 for a lost or damaged device; $15 for a lost or damaged cord or charger; $5 for a lost or damaged carrying case and a $5 processing fee in addition to the replacement cost for any lost or damaged items
- Charging the WiFi Hotspot: To ensure the WiFi hotspots are available to the public as often as possible, the Library cannot ensure that they are fully charged upon check out. It is the responsibility of the borrower to adequately charge the hotspot for their own use by using the charging cable and instructions provided
- Privacy: Brock Libraries does not monitor, collect, or store data about users’ internet activity. All users must abide by BTPL’s Internet Services Policy and understand there is no guarantee the hotspot WiFi connection will be entirely private
If you have a question about our WiFi Hotspot Lending Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-426-9283
Brock Libraries gratefully acknowledges the following funders: