In response to the COVID-19 pandemic Brock Libraries have launched a new Contactless Pickup Service. This service is designed to provide you with access to library materials while maintaining safety precautions such as physical distancing.
How contactless pickup works:
- Submit a request: Use our online catalogue to find and place holds on your items. Alternatively, give us a call at 249-702-2255. Our staff will be happy to assist you with finding items--we’re here to help!
- Plan your visit: We will contact you when your items are ready for pickup and will arrange a date and time for your visit. Please plan to maintain physical distancing (a minimum of 2 meters / 6 feet) for the duration of your visit.
- Visiting us: Visit your designated branch at the scheduled time. Please have your library card ready (or let us know in advance if there is a problem with your card). Our staff will ask you to identify yourself when you arrive and will then retrieve your order. Your items will be placed on a table at the entrance where you can pick them up.
- Returns? If you have items to return please place them in the exterior drop boxes available at all locations. Staff will not be handling returns directly and we ask that you not leave returns on the pickup table for hygiene reasons.
Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need any additional assistance, we’re here to help!
Please note that all library branches remain closed to the public by emergency order. We are unable to allow patrons to enter the building for computer use, washroom use, etc., at this time.
We’re making every effort to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes:
- Physical Distancing: our staff are maintaining a physical distance of at least 6 feet / 2 meters at all times. We ask that you do the same during your visit. We have developed a contactless pickup service designed to maintain physical distancing throughout the borrowing process.
- Hygiene & Protective Equipment: our staff are wearing appropriate protective equipment and following rigorous hygiene practices.
- Quarantine of Returned Materials: All returned materials are being isolated for a minimum of 72 hours. This follows best practices established by the Southern Ontario Library Service and various health authorities based on research that indicates COVID-19 can persist on surfaces for a period ranging from several hours to several days depending on the type of surface. Current best practices advise to quarantine all materials for 72 hours in order to allow all traces of the virus to naturally die off, allowing them to be safely recirculated following the quarantine period. We guarantee that all materials have been thoroughly quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before you receive them.
We’re all in this together--thank you for respecting our safety procedures.
Do you have additional questions about how we’re keeping you and our staff safe? Our Chief Executive Officer is happy to speak with you. Contact Brian Harding (705-426-9283 x22 / email@example.com)