The following represents the most up to date information regarding Brock Libraries' current operational status given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This page was last updated August 9, 2021 at 1:00pm.
- All branches are OPEN to the public but some service restrictions remain in place.
- The Beaverton and Cannington Branches are operating on a regular schedule. The Sunderland Branch is operating on a modified schedule.
- Services currently available at the Beaverton, Cannington, and Sunderland Branches include:
- Access to library materials: patrons are now able to browse the shelves and borrow materials.
- Business services: printing, photocopying, scanning and faxing are available.
- Computers and public wifi: public computers are available for up to 30 minutes per day. Wifi is available in all branches if you bring your own device though sessions are also limited to 30 minutes per day. Wifi is always available outside our building with no limitations on duration of use. Wifi hotspots are available to borrow.
- Meeting rooms and study spaces are currently available, with restrictions, at the Beaverton and Cannington Branches. Please contact your local branch for more information and to request a booking.
- Washroom facilities are currently available at our Beaverton and Cannington Branches. Washroom facilities are our Sunderland Branch are currently restricted.
- In-person programming remains on hiatus. We will continue to assess public health measures and will restart programming when it is safe to do so.
- Home delivery is available on a limited basis for those without access to library branches. Please contact us to request home delivery.
- Brock Libraries are following Ontario's "Roadmap to Reopen" plan
- At this time it is anticipated that all Brock Libraries branches will restore additional services in Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen plan (currently projected for late July 2021).
- Step 3 will likely allow access to a greater range of services including meeting room facilities (at limited capacity) and potentially some in-person programming.
- Please note that service levels at each step will be dependent on public health restrictions and recommendations in place at that time.
- Brock Libraries provides access to an extensive collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks through OverDrive and the Libby app. Need help getting started? Please contact us, our staff will be happy to assist you.
- We also have an extensive collection of other online resources which you can access 24/7.
- Don't have a Brock Libraries card but want to access these online resources? Contact us.
- Library programming is currently being delivered online only. For current programs please see our events calendar.
What you need to know before visiting
Planning a visit to one of our branches? Please be aware of the following.
- Capacity limitations are in effect at locations. You may be required to wait for service if the location you are visiting is at capacity.
- Masks or face coverings are required at all times when visiting our branches. Brock Libraries are following Durham Region's requirements for mask use.
- Physical distancing is required at all times: please keep a distance of 2 metres or 6 feet from others, including staff, at all times
- We are happy to accommodate patrons who are unable to meet public health requirements. If possible, please contact us in advance so that we may develop a plan to best serve you.
What we're doing to keep patrons and staff safe
The health and safety of our patrons and our staff continues to be our top priority.
We are following the COVID-19 response framework provided by the Province of Ontario as well as the directives and advice issued by the Durham Region Health Department and other health authorities. We're also collaborating on and adhering to current best practices within the public library sector.
Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- All staff have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place. High touch surfaces are being cleaned regularly.
- All branches have proper physical distancing protocols in place. Plexi-glass is in place in certain locations where physical distancing protocols cannot be maintained.
- Computer workstations are two metres apart to ensure physical distancing measures. Workstations are sanitized after every session.
- According to provincial directives and to keep you safe, we are monitoring occupancy capacity at our branches and limiting the number of people inside.
- We are currently limiting access to the Sunderland Branch in order to ensure a clear separation between library operations and the students and staff of the Sunderland Public School.
Looking for more information about COVID-19? We recommend the following resources: