The following represents the most up to date information regarding Brock Libraries' current operational status given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This page was last updated June 10, 2021 at 9:00am.
- All branches are closed to the public but limited service is still available through our contactless pickup service.
- The Beaverton and Cannington Branches are operating on a regular schedule. The Sunderland Branch is operating on a modified schedule.
- Services currently available at the Beaverton, Cannington, and Sunderland Branches include:
- Contactless circulation - patrons are currently restricted from fully entering the branch however staff will meet you at our front lobbies to assist you. We encourage you to place holds in advance using our online catalogue or by calling the branch.
- Business services - such as printing, photocopying, and faxing are available by request; we encourage you to call in advance to discuss the services you require.
- Computers and public wifi - currently unavailable due to restrictions on entering the library. Public wifi is always available outside our building. Wifi hotspots are available to borrow (get highspeed internet at home at no cost).
- Washroom facilities are currently unavailable at all locations
- Meeting rooms and study spaces are currently unavailable at all locations
- Home delivery is available on a limited basis for those without access to library branches. Please contact us to request home delivery.
- We're here to help however we can. Please reach out if you need assistance, we will strive to assist you or will refer you to other services.
- Brock Libraries are following Ontario's "Roadmap to Reopen" plan
- At this time it is anticipated that all Brock Libraries branches will reopen to the public in Step 2 of the Roadmap to Reopen plan (currently projected for early July 2021).
- Services available in Step 2 will likely include access to public computers, access to library collections, and washroom access.
- Step 3 will likely allow access to a greater range of services including meeting room facilities (at limited capacity) and potentially some in-person programming.
- Please note that service levels at each step will be dependent on public health restrictions and recommendations in place at that time.
- Brock Libraries provides access to an extensive collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks through OverDrive and the Libby app. Need help getting started? Please contact us, our staff will be happy to assist you.
- We also have an extensive collection of other online resources which you can access 24/7.
- Don't have a Brock Libraries card but want to access these online resources? Contact us.
- Library programming is currently being delivered online only. For current programs please see our events calendar.
What you need to know before visiting
Planning a visit to one of our branches? Please be aware of the following.
- Masks or face coverings are required at all times when using our contactless pickup service. Brock Libraries are following Durham Region's requirements for mask use.
- Physical distancing is required at all times: please keep a distance of 2 metres or 6 feet from others at all times
What we're doing to keep patrons and staff safe
The health and safety of our patrons and our staff continues to be our top priority.
We are following the COVID-19 response framework provided by the Province of Ontario as well as the directives and advice issued by the Durham Region Health Department and other health authorities. We're also collaborating on and adhering to current best practices within the public library sector.
Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- All staff have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place. High touch surfaces are being cleaned regularly.
- All branches have proper physical distancing protocols in place. Plexi-glass is in place in certain locations where physical distancing protocols cannot be maintained.
- Computer workstations are two metres apart to ensure physical distancing measures. Workstations are sanitized after every session.
- All returned materials are disinfected or quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours.
- According to provincial directives and to keep you safe, we are monitoring occupancy capacity at our branches and limiting the number of people inside.
- We are currently limiting access to the Sunderland Branch in order to ensure a clear separation between library operations and the students and staff of the Sunderland Public School.
Looking for more information about COVID-19? We recommend the following resources: