The following represents the most up to date information regarding Brock Libraries' current operational status given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This page was last updated March 21, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
- All branches are OPEN
- The Beaverton and Cannington Branches are operating on a regular schedule. The Sunderland Branch is operating on a modified schedule.
- Services currently available at the Beaverton, Cannington, and Sunderland Branches include:
- Full access to library materials
- Business services: printing, photocopying, scanning and faxing are available
- Computers and public wifi are available in all branches
- Meeting rooms are available (please call for information)
- Study tables are available in all branches
- Washroom facilities are available at all of our Branches
- Limited, small group in-person programming will resume in April. See our events calendar for details
- Contactless/Curbside pick up services are available. Please place your holds in advance so that we can prepare your requested materials prior to pick up
- Home delivery is available on a limited basis for those without access to library branches. Please contact us to request home delivery
- Brock Libraries provides access to an extensive collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks through OverDrive and the Libby app. Need help getting started? Please contact us, our staff will be happy to assist you
- We also have an extensive collection of other online resources which you can access 24/7
- Don't have a Brock Libraries card but want to access these online resources? Contact us
- During this time of transition, some of our library programming remains online. For current programs please see our events calendar
What you need to know before visiting
Planning a visit to one of our branches? Please be aware of the following:
- Brock Libraries is a Mask-Friendly environment. All library visitors and staff will be treated with respect and understanding no matter their personal mask choices
- Physical distancing is still highly encouraged at this time: please try to maintain a distance of 2 metres or 6 feet from others, including staff during your visit
What we're doing to keep patrons and staff safe
The health and safety of our patrons and our staff continues to be our top priority.
We are following the COVID-19 response framework provided by the Province of Ontario as well as the directives and advice issued by the Durham Region Health Department and other health authorities. We're also collaborating on and adhering to current best practices within the public library sector.
Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- All staff have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place. High touch surfaces are being cleaned regularly
- Physical distancing protocols are still highly encouraged. Plexi-glass is in place in certain locations where physical distancing protocols cannot be maintained
- Computer workstations are two metres apart to ensure physical distancing measures. Workstations are sanitized regularly