Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Updated: 12:00pm on Thursday, April 2, 2020
Current Status: Facilities Closed Indefinitely
Brock Libraries facilities are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 epidemic. At this time there is no definite timeline for reopening. Brock Libraries are complying with the emergency declaration issued by the Province of Ontario and will reopen when these emergency measures are lifted.
We’re still here to help. While our facilities are closed Brock Libraries staff continue to support library users online and by telephone. Services that will continue to be accessible for the duration of the closure include:
- Public Wifi: available at all Brock Libraries locations. Passwords have been posted outside of each location. We encourage you to use this resource while practicing physical distancing (stay 2 meters or 6 feet away from others).
- Website: our website is available 24/7 and will be updated regularly during the closure. Please visit our website for the latest information and resources (www.brocklibraries.ca).
- Online Resources: we have a range of online resources available including a comprehensive eBook and digital audiobook collection. To get started visit our website (www.brocklibraries.ca).
- Information and Reference: our staff can assist you with general information and reference requests. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Programming: in-person programs have been cancelled. In some cases we have shifted to online programming and are actively working to make more programming available online--stay tuned. Visit our website (www.brocklibraries.ca) and Facebook page for the latest.
- Room Bookings: all room bookings have been cancelled. Please contact us with any questions regarding use of space (email@example.com).
- Other: we’re here to support our community. Have a suggestion for a service? Need assistance and not sure where to go? Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Services not available at this time:
- Circulation: we are unable to lend materials or fulfill holds until further notice
- Late fines will be waived for any borrowed materials for the duration of the closure
- We ask that you keep all borrowed material until we reopen
- We are strongly encouraging use of our eBook and digital audiobook collections, new materials are being added regularly
- Interlibrary Loan: we are unable to process interlibrary loan requests until further notice. Any submitted requests will be processed when we reopen.
Chief Executive Officer
Brock Township Public Library