As we transition into fall we are continuing our efforts to restore service levels while ensuring that all precautions are being taken to keep patrons and staff safe amidst the ongoing pandemic. As of September 8, 2020 the Brock Township Public Library is currently operating at the following service level:
- The Beaverton and Cannington Branches have now returned to their regular operating hours (pre-pandemic). See the Hours and Locations page for details.
- [Updated: September 22nd] The Sunderland Branch is reopening as of September 22nd on a modified schedule. See the Hours and Locations page for details. Due to heightened safety procedures at this location only contactless pickup of library materials is available at this location. Services such as public computer use are not available at this time and patrons are not currently permitted to open the branch.
- Some areas of library branches remain restricted to library patrons including washroom facilities, children’s departments, meeting rooms, and library collections (stacks)
- Computers may now be used at any time during our regular operating hours however computer use continues to be limited to 1 hour per day.
- Library staff are available to assist you with our computers however our more in-depth Tech Help program is not currently available
Photocopying, Printing, Faxing
- These services are available at our Beaverton and Cannington Locations
The safety of our users and our staff is the foremost priority at this time. To that end we have implemented the following safety precautions:
- Brock Libraries is complying with the Durham Region Health Department’s Mandatory Mask directive, all visitors and staff are required to wear masks at all times inside our facilities
- All visitors will be asked to perform a COVID-19 self-assessment when entering library facilities
- Some areas of library branches will remain restricted to library users including washroom facilities, children’s departments, meeting rooms, and library collections (stacks)
- All handled materials continue to be placed under quarantine in accordance established best practices
- Physical distancing is required at all time in library facilities, facilities have been reconfigured to support physical distancing
- Library staff are following appropriate hygiene procedures and wearing personal protective equipment
Please contact us with any additional questions you may have.