Brock Libraries is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Region of Durham.
Commencing February 15, 2023, an Outreach Worker from the Region of Durham will be onsite, during limited time periods, in order to connect community residents to a variety of social services supports and resources. This includes financial resources, housing, food security, counselling, Children’s Services referrals, and more. The Outreach Worker can communicate with community agencies on behalf of clients, assist with online government application forms, and help them navigate a variety of services.
The objectives of having an Outreach Worker in the library include:
- Reduce transportation barriers for library clients and community residents who may have no access to an Outreach Worker if they had to travel outside of their home community
- Remove technological barriers when applying for social assistance or obtaining government identification replacement
- Provide familiar, accessible, safe, and private space for the Outreach Worker to meet with clients/residents to discuss and access resources
- Resolve any questions or uncertainties for clients who may not be familiar with eligibility criteria and the process for accessing resources
- Increase access to resources to those who are eligible
Beginning in February, the Outreach Worker will be available as follows:
- Beaverton Branch: Third Wednesday of the month, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Cannington Branch: Fourth Wednesday of the month, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.